Here at Aventura Fitness we organize Sea Kayaking days, These take place at the following locations:
- Cumbre del Sol
If you are interested in a Kayak excursion please contact us via the website for pricing and timings.
These sports can be relaxing, challenging and a fun social activity. I feel there are many physical and psychological benefits to kayaking and canoeing.
- Provides core power, tones muscles - the correct technique works abs, lower back and thighs.
- Improves your stamina - regular short sessions to fit in with work commitments will help build stamina over time.
- Improves general fitness - Government guidelines say that just ten minutes moderate exercise a day can improve people's fitness. This does not have to be 10 minutes on a treadmill in a gym; you can buy kayaking machines instead of a rowing machine now.
- Weight loss - moving a kayak at a speed of 5mph takes approx 0.1hp of effort; burning approx 400 calories an hour, which means for an average kayaking trip of 4 hours could burn 1600 calories.
- Kayaking and canoeing are more than physical exercise, they also build mental aptitude and helps to relieve stress.
- Paddle sports sharpen your senses - you become attuned to the environment and your impact on it.
- It builds bonds - trust in your paddling group and sharing experiences out of your comfort zone is a great way to build trust.
- It lets you escape - gets you into the great outdoors and gives you some time where you can forget about other responsibilities, helping to reduce stress.
These are just a few of the reasons I enjoy canoeing and kayaking and a few of the benefits it could bring to your health.
I would recommend everyone tries the sport, even if you're worried about water. With the right instruction you can soon be enjoying the water and feeling the benefits; there is a discipline to suit every need, from adrenaline paddling white water rapids, to a relaxing trip with the family at your local river on a Sunday afternoon and everything in between.